In tracing the history of the Borough of Shillington, it was found that patents for portions of its area were granted by the Penns in 1733, 1735 and 1736.
A part of the Borough was known as the Three-Mile House as early as 1762. In 1860, the community adopted the name of Shillington in honor of Samuel Shilling who made the first survey and laid out the town.
The Borough, presently containing an area of one square mile, was incorporated August 18, 1908, at which time it had a population of 450 people. Today, the Borough has a population of 5059 people according to the 2000 United States Census.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the BRIGHT Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Coldwell Banker Realty participates, and is provided by BRIGHT through a licensing agreement. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Coldwell Banker Realty are marked with the IDX icon and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.
©2021 BRIGHT, All Rights Reserved. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have Closed or are no longer being offered for sale.
Data last updated: Nov 30, 2021 9:07:am.